Monday, August 21, 2006

Announcement

Brandon and I found out we were pregnant on Monday, June 26. I wish you could have seen the look on my face. As if the one test wasn't enough proof I had to take another one the next morning just in case. I had my first appointment with the midwife about five weeks later and by golly, the pregnancy test there was positive too. So three positives, I'm definitely pregnant right? Well, you would think, but it wasn't until my second appointment with the midwife at week 12 when I heard the heartbeat that I was finally like, "okay, there's really something growing in there." So now I think I've settled into the whole idea that this is really happening and after a very busy and nauseous-filled summer, I am ready to dive in, head first. Brandon is ecstatic, to say the least. He wanted to tell the whole world the minute we found out but I was completely nervous that something would go wrong so he had to keep his mouth shut (for the most part) for about 5 weeks. The kids are excited too and have been wanting to put a stethascope on my belly in an attempt to hear the heartbeat. I show them pictures every once and awhile so they can see how it's growing and, of course, they're totally grossed out. Ally says she's changing all the diapers. We're excited about that. I'm sure Casey will have a million things he'll want to do. They're both such good helpers.

No comments: