Friday, April 24, 2009

Update long overdue!






This post is long long overdue. It's hard keeping up with four kids and trying to update everyone with all the social media that's out there now. We are still settling into our house. Brandon has been working diligently on the finishing the basement and I'm sure as the weather gets nicer it will be much harder for him to stay inside and his priorities might shift a little. We're hoping to plant our very first garden this year. Nothing beats a home grown tomato. The kids are staying busy as ever. Casey is in soccer at the moment and is finishing up band for the school year. Their final concert is next week. Ally finally decided to take a break from piano after a year and a half and too many other things that she's wanting to do. Her schedule stays full with Girl Scouts, Karate and Softball. Finley and Kelan are just busy being busy and growing so fast we wonder where the time is going. Finley has been potty trained since shortly after her second birthday. She's talking all the time now and has become a great big sister to Kelan. She's always trying to grab him off the stairs and tell him "no no" as she knows he's not supposed to go up them. She hugs and kisses him to death ... almost ... literally. It's so funny to watch her interact with him. She's also become quite the copycat. Feeding her baby when I'm feeding Kelan, standing with her hands on her hips when I do, grabing her purse, cell phone and keys and saying "bye bye" when she's ready to head out the door. The stories are endless but she makes us laugh everyday. Kelan continues to be not the easiest baby in the world. We took him off nearly all food awhile ago, including cereal, to see if he was having trouble digesting it. Not sure that we ever really figured it out but he finally cut his first tooth so I'm really hopeful that will do the trick. He's been crawling since he was 6.5 months and can stand for a few seconds without assistance. I'm scared to death he's going to be walking any second. Finley was 13 months, I'm not ready for this at only 9 months. He recently weighed in at 20lbs. 5oz. at his 9 month appt. Shocking because he seems so much smaller than what Finley was at his age and yet he weighs more. Go figure. I look for him to slow down real quick on the weight gain as he is such a mover. Can't sit still for even a second.

No comments: