Friday, October 20, 2006

20 + weeks

Okay so I've reached the halfway mark! I had my first ultrasound last week. It was so much fun. Brandon, Casey and Ally were all with me and I think it just made it that much more real for everyone. I made it absolutely clear to the sonographer that I did not want to know the sex. Brandon and the kids feel so certain it's going to be a boy but let's be real, we'll never know 100% for sure until I deliver so I'm perfectly content with waiting. We had to go to Iowa City this week for another ultrasound based on a shadow near the baby's belly button. I was hysterical at first but I have so many positive people around me that I calmed down much quicker than I thought I would. It turns out the shadow was indeed just a shadow and baby Starr is growing just like it should be and is weighing in at a very healthy 13 oz. Heartrate is consistently between 150 and 160. I've been feeling great! The baby is moving all the time which is so exciting. I look forward to going to bed at night because I know just when I get relaxed the baby is up and ready to go. I feel movement throughout the day but consistently at night. My belly is getting bigger everyday. My shirts are too short and my pants are getting tighter. I actually broke down and bought a few maternity shirts and a couple pairs of pants. The pants were so comfortable I didn't want to take them off. I'm hoping to get a new picture up soon. Things have just been so hectic with me traveling to California and then all the ultrasound drama. Hope all is well with you!!!

No comments: