Friday, February 09, 2007

36 weeks and counting

Yesterday I had my 36 week appointment and it was full of fun new things! First we went over our birth plan to ensure that everything goes the way we would like to see it go. I had tons of questions so that part took awhile but in the end I think we're all on the same page so hopefully everything will turn out the way we hope. Then I had to have the Group B Strep test. I'm waiting to get the results on that but I'm staying positive that it will come back negative and if not, we'll cross that bridge then. She checked my cervix since she was already "up there" and everything is doing what it should be. The head is really low, my cervix is very soft so things are progressing nicely she said. We listened to the heartbeat and it's still in the low 150's. The only disappointing thing of the whole appointment was when she told me to not so much plan on March 6 but more like March 13 since it's so common for first time pregnancy's to go late. I was like "YIKES! a whole week more?" But if I focus on that and go earlier, I'll be pleasantly surprised rather than annoyingly bitter if I going late. I'm increasingly tired these days and quite uncomfortable. I spend most of my time at a 45 degree angle simply because it gives me more room to breathe. For those of you concerned about my lack of essentials to bring home a baby, you'll be happy to know that we have the crib, not put up yet, and the dresser came in today. We got the pack-n-play as a gift earlier this week too. The only key thing I'm missing is the car seat but it should be here in a week or two probably. Keep your fingers crossed. My next appointment is the 15th so I can give you more updates then!

No comments: